Nehemiah 8:8 They translated the Book of The Revelation of God so the people could understand it and then explained the reading. 9 Nehemiah the governor, along with Ezra the priest and scholar and the Levites who were teaching the people, said to all the people, “This day is holy to God, your God. Don’t weep and carry on.” They said this because all the people were weeping as they heard the words of The Revelation. 10 He continued, “Go home and prepare a feast, holiday food and drink; and share it with those who don’t have anything: This day is holy to God. Don’t feel bad. The joy of God is your strength!”
My days have been busy as my husband is out of town and there is much to do. My hands and feet are busily moving from work to home and back again. Yet there is much to be grateful for. This day is holy to God. In other words, this day is set apart. I am not guaranteed tomorrow and yesterday has past. I have only this day.
Today my blessings are many.
1. I woke up and it was raining. What a blessing to have a roof over my head.
2. I thanked God for a hot shower that just flowed from a tap.
3. Yesterday when I went to Starbucks I was hungry and wanted a Protein Bistro Box. They were out of them. Today when I showed up they gave me one for free! Got to love Starbucks and blessings.
4. Sales at the store were great yesterday and the store is full today so I’m sure we’ll see another great day.
5. Today my cousin gave birth to a baby boy. She named him after my uncle, her father, who died suddenly not too long ago. Richard Scott is a beautiful legacy and tribute.
6. I watched a great documentary that will be a blog entry or two as I wrap my head around what I want to say.
7. I took my jeans out of the dryer and put them right one. No jumping up and down and sucking in to button them up.
8. I laughed with friends.
9. I have really good kids!
10. I was able to be a blessing to our community today. Because of that I got my picture taken for the newspaper.
2 thoughts on “1,000 Little Blessings Chapter 2”
You already saw my list of Happiness is…
I have little scones, a good son, great friendships and work, I am truly blessed
I like your number 7!