I hear some people in the Christian faith say miracles aren’t for today. I say miracles happen every second of every day. We merely have to look for them. You are a witness to blessings and miracles every single day of your life. You hear about them all the time. With cable, Internet and smartphones we are a privileged generations who are a witness to even greater things than any generation before us.
Yet, do you see miracles and blessings for what they are or do you just take them for granted? Do you acknowledge them or do you swipe them away with a wave of your hand as coincidence or luck?
Deuteronomy 30:19 I call Heaven and Earth to witness against you today: I place before you Life and Death, Blessing and Curse.
Even if we choose today a curse rather than a blessing, we still see blessings if we only open our eyes to them.
Ask any woman who has miscarried, if her healthy baby’s cry in the labor and delivery room is a miracle?
Ask anyone whose cell phone rings with the command to get to the hospital immediately because an organ has been donated for their transplant if this moment isn’t a miracle?
Ask any family whose soldier has come home from war if it isn’t a miracle?
Ask anyone whose home has remained standing after a disaster if it wasn’t a miracle?
So today I begin a new series where I’m going to find blessings and hopefully some miracles in my life. I’m going to purposefully look for them. I’m hoping you do too. I’m also hoping you’ll begin to add your voice to mine and we’ll begin to see the world on a whole different level.
So here are my ten blessings for today. If you feel inclined to share I’d love to hear your top 10 too! Even if you just noticed one, post it!
1. I woke up today. Yeah I’m a pretty grouchy morning person but I have to say waking up is a blessing that not everyone gets.
2. I looked around the bedroom as my eyes adjusted in the darkness. It was 4 a.m. My dog Lulu was curled up and stuck in crook of my knee. My husband, Doug, was snoring and hugging a pillow, mouth open and oh so cute! What a blessing to have them beside me.
3. It was a cool fall morning today and the good thread count sheets and the comforter felt, well, comforting. What a blessing to have have warmth on a cool morning.
4. I had a nice hot shower. Not everyone gets to turn on a tap and wait for hot water before getting into a shower.
5. I had groceries in the fridge. I promptly put a roast in the crockpot for dinner and made some oatmeal for breakfast. Food was plentiful this morning. I need to give thanks!
6. I had a few quiet uninterrupted moments to read.
7. I got ready to go to work. Work is a blessing especially if you are a workaholic, which some have accused me of being. 🙂
8. I got into a car that starts. Just the mere fact that I have a car is a blessing.
9. The sun was shining, the flowers were blooming and the birds were singing. I’m not sure if this is three blessings or just one but I said I’d only give 10 things so I’m counting it as one.
10. I was greeted by great employees.
…..And it’s only 9:30 a.m.